24.1.14

NAILED IT- READ ALL ABOUT IT.





Afternoon, for your fortnightly instalment of NAILED IT, I attempted newspaper nails. This amazing technique has always been on my list of nail art to try and its surprisingly easy!

All you need is a pale colour as your base nail varnish, I used Barry M- Matt white for my look. Simply apply a few coats and let dry before dipping your nails into vodka, yes that's right, vodka. You can use other alcohol but vodka is the most popular, effective & one of the cheapest spirits. 

After submerging your nail in vodka simply place a newspaper cutting over each nail & press for a few minutes, making sure you don't shift the paper, we don't want smudges now do we :) remove the paper smoothly & there you have it, newspaper nails! 

Now if anything has gone awry you can remove the ink easily with a cotton pad, just smoothly wipe and try again & when your happy with your final result apply a top coat & allow to dry. I used Rimmel London matte top coat for a final, matte sheen. 

You can have so much fun with this technique, let me know how you get on below! 





4 comments:

  1. I couldn't love these more! I MUST try this! I have Sally Hansen stickers that look like love letters, so this is definitely right up my alley. :)

    Shani x
    She Dreams in Perfect French

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg i love this, it's so clever :) :)

    http://fairytaleprettypicture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. very original nails! i love it !

    With love,
    Cécile

    http://sapetoibien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Hope they work out for you! xx

    ReplyDelete