5.11.13

MY WEEK #13

 
RECOGNIZE | NATIONAL GALLERY | TRACY EMIN | EDINBURGH | OOTD | PLAID | PUMPKIN FUN | VIVIANE SASSEN | COCKTAIL, YES PLEASE.
 
My week has been another busy one but amazing! I visited Edinburgh last Monday and visited a number of the great museums the city has to offer! The Tracy Emin piece at the Gallery of Modern Art was one of my favourites, I'm a fan of some of her work, I love the simplistic and minimalist forms.
 
 I also visited the Viviane Sassen exhibit on at the National Portrait gallery. This was an amazing exhibition with projection, magazine tears and calming music to create an ambience. Her work resembles Juergen Teller, a photographer Im very fond of her work and it was great inspiration.
 
If you follow me on twitter you would be aware of Recognize, this is an fashion show and event in aid of Scottish charity, SAMH run by me and my university colleagues. The charity focuses on mental health and how we can all be aware and be more welcoming of the hushed topic. Its a great cause to aid and were also showcasing some very talented and inspirational designers from Scotland. The event is being hold on the 2nd of December 2013 at Summer Hall in Edinburgh, so if you follow me on twitter check us out & please buy a ticket or donate!
 
Earlier in the week me and my friend/flatmate Caitriona attended a party at our friends, as we dressed as ghosts last year we felt the completion to be rubbish/funny was demanding and ending up wearing a kiddies outfit from pound land! For the bargain of a quid we wore the outfit as tops & even had a very cute hat! Snazzy right?!
 
'til next time...
 
 
 
For more information on SAMH visit their website here- http://www.samh.org.uk/
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vanessa, ill be sure to check out your blog! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete