6.9.13

SCOTTISH ADVENTURE.


 
 

 



 





 
PRINCES STREET GARDENS | EDINBURGH CASTLE | VINTAGE SHOPPING ON THE GRASSMARKET | VINTAGE RABBIT FUR STOLE | VINTAGE PRINTS | TARTAN BUNTING | SCOTTISH PORTRAIT GALLERY, EDINBURGH  | QUEEN CHARLOTTE PORTRAIT | STATUE OF THE DEAD, HAWICK | TAXIDERMY AT HAWICK MUSEUM | THISTLE |
HOT CHOCOLATE | MELROSE TOWN CENTER | JEDBURGH ABBEY.
 
So as you know the past week I've been in Scotland! Moving all my stuff from my old house to my new flat and whilst I was up there me and my parents had a thought.. why not make it into a road trip?
 
I live in Galashiels and attend Heriot Watt University, which is about an hour away from Edinburgh. We travelled all round the borders and visited Melrose, Kelso, Hawick, Selkirk, Jedburgh and Edinburgh. I love Scotland and this trip has made me fall in love with it that little bit more!
 
We visited Hawick museum, the Textile towerhouse, the Johnstons mill, Jedburgh Abbey & Edinburgh portrait gallery to name a few!  It was perfect weather (as you can see) and it really was a week full of great locations, amazing food & good company.
 
I also got some absolute bargains from Armstrong's vintage shop on the Grassmarket in Edinburgh, including a rabbit fur stole, a definite highlight of the week :) if you ever get the chance to visit do!! You can see my haul of August in an upcoming post.. keep your eyes peeled!
 
 
It was an amazing week, back home now after a very longgggg drive just for a week until Uni starts! All images are from my instagram @islay101
 
Have you visited Scotland?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment