25.7.13

NAILED IT- OMBRE NAILS.

 

 
 

 
 
 

Here's something different than my normal posts, and its about one of my favourite things.. nail art. Now if your like me and like to keep your nails short that doesn't mean they have to be boring! Hell no! So every fortnight I'm going to be uploading nail art that I'm experimenting and loving.
 
So dip-dye and ombre are so on trend and I recently brought these two nail varnishes and without realising I think they compliment each other. As photographed above the base colour is Barry M- 341 Cappuccino, I've had my eye on this for a while, I like the purple chocolate hue. I did 2 coats of the Cappuccino and let it dry (excuse the messy painting, I'm a brutal nail painter).
 
Then using a sponge for a textured and controlled layer I used Topshop's Aurora, a beautiful golden colour that in light reflects and resembles a oil, rainbow puddle.
 
Just gently with the sponge I tapped the area I wanted decorating and as simple as that I created an ombre style nail! I cant wait to try this look with different colour, glitter and textures.
 
I stuck to just one nail for a simple, minimal look but you can use whatever varnishes you want and do every nail or even every other! completely upto you.
 
How do you style your ombre nails?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment